West Sussex Holiday Homes
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Holiday Rental Terms and Conditions
1. CONTRACT. The letting of The Property (“the Property”) for any period to include Short breaks as herein after defined (“the Tenancy”) shall be between the Owner of the Property (“the Owner”) and the person(s) named on the booking form (“the Tenant(s)”) such expression to include any other person occupying the Property with the Tenant(s).
2. RENTS. All rentals are as quoted. The Owner reserves the right to adjust prices quoted in the property details due to errors or omissions.
3. PAYMENT & CONFIRMATION. Bookings are only accepted in writing on the official booking form. Once the form and payment for rental deposit (25%), booking fee and other extras (where applicable) are received, the Owner will confirm the full details of the booking in writing or via e-mail to the Tenant. Once confirmation has been issued the Tenant is liable for the total rent. The balance of rent must be paid at least 8 weeks before arrival, without further demand. NB: In the case of bookings made within 8 weeks of the commencement of the holiday the full amount must be sent with the booking form. Failure to comply with this condition may result in the booking being cancelled. The acknowledgement of the balance (or full) payment with detailed arrangements for access to the Property will be sent by return of post and/or email.
4. CANCELLATION COVER. A non refundable deposit will cover all cancellation costs however cancellations within the 8 week period (the remaining balance) will only be waived if we are able to re-let the property. We strongly suggest you take out independent holiday insurance cover for any unforeseen circumstances.
5. HOLIDAY TENANCIES. As itemized on the booking form and confirmed by the Owner in writing.
6. SHORT-BREAKS. Short-breaks are available by arrangement for a minimum of any three consecutive nights in low/mid season.
7. PETS. We accept 2/3 domestic pets (normally dogs). All pets must have up to date vaccinations and the appropriate flea and tick treatments. Pets are NOT ALLOWED on furniture, beds etc. 8. BED LINEN & TOWELS. Linen and towels are supplied.
9. SIZE & PARTY. The Property is equipped and offered for the number of people stated in the property details and parties in excess of these numbers can be accepted through prior arrangement with the owner. The person who completes the booking form certifies that he/she is over 21 years of age, a member of the occupying party and authorised to agree to the booking conditions on behalf of all party members. He/she agrees to take responsibility for all members of the party including any payment default or change in personal circumstances.
10. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE. The Property is available for occupation no earlier than 4.00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am at the latest on the day of departure.
11. WITHDRAWAL. In the very unlikely event that the Property is withdrawn by the Owner, for reasons out of his control (e.g. by fire etc.) the Tenancy shall be cancelled and the rent paid shall be refunded and the Tenant shall not be entitled to any further damages.
12. EQUIPMENT FAILURE. Every effort is made to ensure all items of equipment described and supplied by Owner are in good working order; however no guarantee is given or liability accepted if breakdowns occur before or during a holiday. Whilst the Owner or her nominated representative will endeavour to organise repairs or replacements as quickly as possible, delays inevitably do occur, particularly during the main season.
13. TENANTS OBLIGATIONS. i) The Tenant will take all reasonable care of the Property and ensure that the Property and all equipment is left clean at the end of the holiday. ii) The Tenant shall not do or suffer to be done in or upon the Property any act or thing which may be a nuisance, damage or annoyance to other occupiers of any surrounding premises. iii) The Tenant will pay for the replacement of all furniture or household effects lost, destroyed or damaged beyond repair as a consequence of their actions – any damage or breakages to the Property, fittings or equipment must be reported to the Owner or her nominated representative immediately.
14. GOOD HOUSEKEEPING PAYMENT. Where indicated on the Property booking form a Good Housekeeping payment is payable with, and in addition to, the balance (or full) payment of the holiday. The deposit is held in lieu of the obligations set out in Point 13 above and deductions will be made where applicable. The Good Housekeeping payment is normally refunded in full within 7 days of departure, subject to a satisfactory inspection of the Property by the Owner or her nominated representative.
15. NOISE & NUISANCE. The Owner accepts no responsibility for work taking place outside the boundary of the holiday Property, nor for noise or nuisance resulting from third party activity over which he has no control or prior knowledge.
16. COMPLAINTS. All complaints must be notified to the Owner or her nominated representative immediately to ensure sufficient time is given to investigate and/or take the necessary remedial action. Compensation will not be offered where the Tenant has denied the Owner or her nominated representative the opportunity to rectify matters during their holiday.
17. TERMINATION. The Owner reserves the right to terminate the Tenancy immediately if any of the above conditions are not observed. 18. LOST PROPERTY. The personal belongings of the Tenant are the complete responsibility of the Tenant and no liability can be accepted for any loss or damage. Any articles left by the Tenant can be forwarded on receipt of a minimum handling fee of £10.00.
19. CONDITIONS. These conditions supersede all those issued before.